Life Cycle Assessment Certified Professional (LCACP)
Advance your career as an LCACP. LCACP certification allows the LCA practitioner to demonstrate a level of expertise in LCA practice and a commitment to the ACLCA Code of Ethics.
Here’s how to begin the process
- Review pre-requisites for LCACP Exam
- Submit application with proof of prerequisites met and pay the application fee
- Once prerequisites have been approved, pay the exam fee (discounts for ACLCA Members!)
- Find exam location
The LCACP exam us a closed-book 3.5-hour multiple choice exam in English. There are 184 questions. The examination covers General LCA knowledge, ISO standards, LCI, LCIA, Project management, Data quality management, Post-impact calculations, LCA modeling/software, Statistics, Ethics, and Emerging issues.
- LCA XC, Monday, 1 PM – 4:30 PM, September 21, 2020, in Madison, WI
- The LCACP exam can also be taken anywhere in the world at your convenience.
- Find out about the Proctor Procedure.
LCACP EXAM PRE-REQUISITES
Prerequisites may be met by any one of the following:
- A degree in LCA at the undergraduate or graduate level (submit a copy of the diploma)
- A degree in environmental science or environmental engineering (submit a copy of the diploma), plus
submitting proof of an LCA internship or externship (at least 3 months, shown by a letter from
employer) or participation in doing an LCA (LCA study submitted)
- LCA skills gained through experience: submit an LCA that is either critically reviewed or published in
a peer-reviewed journal (study submitted: applicant must be one of the listed authors)
- College-level LCA class work, plus classes in which one has taken the following coursework or
classes containing the essential skills of the class work:
- General Chemistry
- Systems analysis or systems dynamics
- Environmental ToxicologyPlus proof of an LCA internship or externship (at least 3 months, shown
by a letter from employer) or participation in doing an LCA (LCA study submitted).
ALL SUBMITTED MATERIALS ARE KEPT CONFIDENTIAL. Submission of all materials verifying the prerequisites must be completed no later than one month before the planned exam date and may be emailed to email@example.com
RECERTIFICATION – THREE-YEAR RENEWAL CYCLE
The LCACP certification requires renewal at three-year intervals. During those three years, LCACPs must earn continuing education units (CEUs) in accordance with the recertification policy. There are many opportunities to receive continuing education (CE), (e.g. including LCA Courses, conferences, registered ACLCA webinars, LCA Annual Conference) all which are outlined in the Recertification Process.
We have also provided below information and links to ACLCA Registered Courses, ACLCA Webinars, and LCA XIX.
ACLCA REGISTERED COURSES
LCACPs must submit the form for recertification and pay the renewal fee. They must keep records for the CEUs earned for three years. Failure to recertify will cause a removal of the LCACP from the website, and the exam will have to be taken again in the event that the individual seeks to regain certification. ACLCA reserves the right to audit records for the recertification system.
Download the LCACP CEU Credits Tracking Template
LCACP RENEWAL FEES
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.