Certified Lifecycle Executive (CLE)
The Certified Life Cycle Executive (CLE) is designed to recognize professionals working in project, program or business management roles reflecting their competency in the fundamentals of Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and capability to interpret and communicate LCA results. The CLE certification was developed in conformity with the ISO 17024 standard and is especially useful for individuals such as architects and product specifiers, purchasing agents, environmental managers, sustainability managers, educators and individuals who contract and use LCA studies.
Here’s how to begin the process:
- Review pre-requisites for CLE Exam
- Submit application with proof of prerequisites met and pay the exam fee.
- Find exam location
CLE EXAM PRE-REQUISITES
Prerequisites for the CLE are:
- Masters or post-graduate degree and two or more years working extensively on environmental sustainability or related initiatives OR an undergraduate degree and four or more years working extensively on environmental sustainability or related initiatives.
- ACLCA membership (individual or organizational membership)
ALL SUBMITTED MATERIALS ARE KEPT CONFIDENTIAL. Submission of all materials verifying the prerequisites must be completed no later than one month before the planned exam date and may be emailed to email@example.com
The CLE exam is a closed-book 1- hour multiple choice exam in English. There are 100 questions. The examination covers General LCA knowledge, Project management, Data quality management, Statistics, Ethics, and Emerging issues.
- LCA XVIII, Monday, 1 PM – 4:30 PM, September 24, 2018, in Fort Collins, CO.
- The CLE exam can also be taken anywhere in the world at your convenience.
- Find out about a Proctored CLE Exam.
- Pay for the CLE Exam
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202.660.0337 with any questions.