Certified Lifecycle Assessment Reviewer (CLAR)
CLAR certification assures commissioners of LCAstudies, product category rules, and environmental product declarations that the reviewers are competent to perform these reviews.
All Certified Life Cycle Assessment Reviewers (CLAR) have demonstrated LCA expertise and practical competence through:
- passing the Life Cycle Assessment Certified Professional (LCACP) exam
- > 5 years’ experience in the field of LCA
- having performed at least 5 critical reviews
To receive CLAR Certification:
- Be an LCACP in good standing.
- Submit documentation of your five years’ experience in the field (if your LCACPcertification is at least five years old, no further documentation is needed) and document fiveLCA reviews you have participated in, sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. It will be reviewed by the Certification Committee members.
- Pay the one-time fee of $400 at the ACLCAWeb shop.
- Maintain membership of ACLCA.